Welcome to the Millbank Estate website
On this site you’ll find information about Millbank estate and the Millbank Estate Management Organisation (MEMO), its history, links and useful information for our residents, being it tenants or leaseholders, and other stakeholders, updates on what’s happening in our community and ways to contact the Millbank Estate management.
Find more information for download below:
Please find the Draft CWG minutes for download here (PDF)
Tips for reducing condensation in your home: download here (PDF document)
Energy Saving Trust – Condensation Advice: download here (PDF document)
The Families’ team are right in the middle of a really exciting project called RadioCity, a special season of participatory radio, sound art, performance and broadcast at Tate Britain – inviting all ages to drop-in, take part and listen.
We’d like to let you know more about it so that you can drop in at some stage to see what’s happening and participate. We’re also offering free tickets to Tate exhibitions as part of your visit.
Please see below a list of the upcoming projects and how you can get involved. Contact us for more information, or simply turn up!
Flights of Passage, Sutapa Biswas
Monday 26 – Friday 30 January, 11.00 – 16.00
Drop into the Learning Gallery to discuss saris and symbolism, home and ‘belonging’, and the stories that clothing and objects tell.
Bring along an item of clothing or object that means something to you, or just turn up (see call for participation attached; book in at the link below).
Sutapa will be building a new sonic alphabet based on her conversations with people over the course of the week, played back on the final day of her residency.
Listening Room, Iris Garrelfs
Monday 2 – Friday 6 February
Bring along objects and stories around the theme of ‘hearing’. These might be pictures, stones, sticks, in fact anything you like!
Iris will be recording your stories and editing them into a sound installation, for everyone to hear on the last day of the residency.
Mission to the Land of Misplaced Memories, Gaylene Gould and Dubmorphology/ WriteTalkListen
Wednesday 11 – 15 February
Meet Anamnesis and her crew who are collecting and sonically re-master the memories of invited experts, gallery visitors and Tate Britain.
You are invited on board the SS Sugar Ship to join the discussion, retrieving your own lost memories and contributing your recollections to the sonic data bank.
If you can’t drop in in person, we’re broadcasting excerpts from the residencies every Tuesday at 4pm on Resonance 104.5FM (repeated every Saturday, 330pm).
Looking forward to seeing you at Tate Britain soon.
Download details here (PDF)
Please find the Abell and Cleland – January newsletter for download here (PDF)
Happy New Year and welcome to the first Construction Update of 2015. This month’s newsletter includes information on construction activity in December and work planned for January.
Works during December included:
- Structural concrete for Building West completed up to Level 15 with work to columns and walls between Level 15 & 16
- Façade cladding completed to Levels 5 & 6 for Building West and continued on Levels 7 to 11. This included installation of glass and wall panels at lower levels and brackets, balcony steel and stone on upper levels. Cladding for Building East was completed to Level 1 and continued on Levels 2 & 3
- Balcony waterproofing works continued on Levels 1 to 10 of Building West and on Levels 0 to 1 and the Level 3 terrace of Building East
- Mechanical & electrical services installation continued in the basement levels and to risers and corridors above ground for Building West
- Apartment fit-out work to Building West continued on Levels 1 to 4 (mechanical and electrical services & plasterboarding). Electrical containment and floor screeding completed on Level 4 and continued to Level 5
Construction in January will include the following works:
- Concrete structure to be completed to Level 17 of Building West
- Façade cladding work to continue to Levels 7 to 13 for Building West and Levels 2 to 4 for Building East
- Waterproofing to continue to balconies for Levels 1 to 11 for Building West and Levels 0 to 3 and to the roof of Building East
- Mechanical & electrical installation in basement levels and above ground to continue in Building West. Commencement of service installations within Building East to risers above ground
- Apartment fit-out work to Building West Levels 1 to 7 – Plasterboarding, mechanical and electrical services, floor screeding and timber joinery
Volunteers from the site helped raise money for local charity Westminster Befriend a Family by collecting money while children from a local primary school sang carols to shoppers at Cardinal Place in December
Resident’s meetings will continue to be held at the Morpeth Arms on the last Tuesday of the month in 2015. The next meeting will take place at 6.15pm on the 27th January.
All information available for download here (PDF)
TMOs in London may want to make their tenants aware of a Mutual Exchange event next month for people who need to move home but want to stay in housing managed by a TMO or Co-op. For the first time, tenants from across London will be invited to attend to browse properties on offer and/or advertise their own home for a “swap”. The event is taking place on Saturday 7th February in a central location, near Waterloo Station and will also include representatives from the Money Advice Service and the hosting organisations. Places are strictly limited and admission is by invitation only so tenants will need to reserve a space for their advert, and/or to attend in person. A poster advertising the event can be downloaded at
Don’t miss the chance to have your say. Help us shape the future of Children’s Centres.
For details about the information events, please download the PDF here.
Download invite here (PDF)