Happy New Year and welcome to the first Construction Update of 2015. This month’s newsletter includes information on construction activity in December and work planned for January.
Works during December included:
- Structural concrete for Building West completed up to Level 15 with work to columns and walls between Level 15 & 16
- Façade cladding completed to Levels 5 & 6 for Building West and continued on Levels 7 to 11. This included installation of glass and wall panels at lower levels and brackets, balcony steel and stone on upper levels. Cladding for Building East was completed to Level 1 and continued on Levels 2 & 3
- Balcony waterproofing works continued on Levels 1 to 10 of Building West and on Levels 0 to 1 and the Level 3 terrace of Building East
- Mechanical & electrical services installation continued in the basement levels and to risers and corridors above ground for Building West
- Apartment fit-out work to Building West continued on Levels 1 to 4 (mechanical and electrical services & plasterboarding). Electrical containment and floor screeding completed on Level 4 and continued to Level 5
Construction in January will include the following works:
- Concrete structure to be completed to Level 17 of Building West
- Façade cladding work to continue to Levels 7 to 13 for Building West and Levels 2 to 4 for Building East
- Waterproofing to continue to balconies for Levels 1 to 11 for Building West and Levels 0 to 3 and to the roof of Building East
- Mechanical & electrical installation in basement levels and above ground to continue in Building West. Commencement of service installations within Building East to risers above ground
- Apartment fit-out work to Building West Levels 1 to 7 – Plasterboarding, mechanical and electrical services, floor screeding and timber joinery
Volunteers from the site helped raise money for local charity Westminster Befriend a Family by collecting money while children from a local primary school sang carols to shoppers at Cardinal Place in December
Resident’s meetings will continue to be held at the Morpeth Arms on the last Tuesday of the month in 2015. The next meeting will take place at 6.15pm on the 27th January.
All information available for download here (PDF)